Program# - AIMLbot.dll
AIMLBot (Program#) is a small, fast, standards-compliant yet easily customizable implementation of an AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) based chatter bot in C#. AIMLBot has been tested on both Microsoft's runtime environment and Mono. Put simply, it will allow you to chat (by entering text) with your computer using natural language.
This is the second version of the library and it has been re-written from scratch. It now boasts:
- Better cross-platform compatibility. Support for .NET 1.1, 2.0 and XNA as well as the open source Mono project (tested under version 1.1). Testing on Windows Vista with version 3.0 of the .NET platform is pending.
- A completely new modular architecture to make it easier for developers to extend and add functionality.
- A simpler and more logical API.
- Standards compliant AIML support with the option for custom tags.
- Very small size (currently only 56k).
- Very fast (over 30,000 categories processed in under a second).
- Inclusion of a comprehensive test suite including over 200 unit tests (based upon nUnit).
- A means of saving the bot's "brain" as a binary file (Graphmaster.dat).
- Some simple code snippets and examples for developers to get started (simple windows and console based applications as well as a sample custom tags library).
- Appropriately commented code.
- Comprehensive documentation.